Community-built software

Woohoo!

That did it! Thanks @Carmelo_DrRaw, I don’t think I’ll be upgrading for some time… lol.

The only thing I’d ask is how do I get the appimage to show up in the preferred app list, when choosing ‘open with’ as right click over an image in gphoto? I have it set up in alacarte so it shows up as a program, but currently the only way to open an image is to first launch the appimage then go file/open.

Thanks heaps!

@paperdigits

Filmulator now has binary releases available:

@CarVac I’ve added filmulator to the list of software.

I have just updated the link to the standard GIMP AppImage. Apart from bringing the code up-to-date with the BABL/GEGL/GIMP git versions of today, it also fixes an issue with the photoflow filter plug-in, which was not returning the modified image to GIMP.

2 Likes

Hi thanks for this. I’m currently using Manjaro. When I run Gimp Appimage the spashscreen gets as far as Babl Fishes and then fades away, nothing further happens. When I run in this Konsole it reports;
bin/gimp.bin: fatal error: Segmentation fault
bin/gimp.bin (pid:6038): [E]xit, [H]alt, show [S]tack trace or [P]roceed: ^Cbin/gimp.bin: terminated: Interrupt
/tmp/.mount_PpO6di/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu terminated: Interrupt
/tmp/.mount_PpO6di/AppRun: line 103: 6038 Segmentation fault (core dumped) bin/gimp.bin --pdb-compat-mode=on “$@”

and GIMP shows on screen but none of the menus function. Any ideas?

Hi All,
using appimage under debian testing (buster) works fine, thank you for creating it. I do have one question though: It sounds like gmic is included with this version, but I do not have the Gmic menu entry under filters. Am I missing something? When I compile gmic_gimp_qt and put the plugin into .configre(GIMP-appimage/2.9/plugins the menu entry is there but when I try to start it I get the follow error:

Auswahl_010

What can I do to fix this issue?
Thanks again for providing such a simple way to use gimp 2.9 :slight_smile: