Compile error when trying to installing

Hi
I’m having issues with building my own RawTherapee. First I installed RawTherapee with apt and it worked flawlessly, I got v5.3. But after a while I started reading up on features and wanted to upgrade. So I followed the the wiki Linux - RawPedia. But when running ./build-rawtherapee I got a lot of errors similar to this:

Summary
/home/ulf/programs/code-rawtherapee/rtgui/preferences.cc: In member function ‘Gtk::Widget* Preferences::getImageProcessingPanel()’:
/home/ulf/programs/code-rawtherapee/rtgui/preferences.cc:533:31: error: no matching function for call to ‘Gtk::Grid::attach(Gtk::Label&, int, int)’
     defpt->attach(*drlab, 0, 0);
                               ^
In file included from /usr/include/gtkmm-3.0/gtkmm.h:178:0,
                 from /home/ulf/programs/code-rawtherapee/rtgui/preferences.h:23,
                 from /home/ulf/programs/code-rawtherapee/rtgui/preferences.cc:20:
/usr/include/gtkmm-3.0/gtkmm/grid.h:148:8: note: candidate: void Gtk::Grid::attach(Gtk::Widget&, int, int, int, int)
   void attach(Widget& child, int left, int top, int width, int height);
        ^~~~~~

What am I missing or doing wrong?

I’m on Dell XPS 13 installed with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Hi @Ulf_Renman, welcome and thanks for wanting to upgrade from 5.3! Is that really the last version that you can upgrade to when updating your packages normally?

Your compilation errors make me suspect that 18.04 might not support a suitable gtkmm3 version, but I’ll see if I can check.

@Ulf_Renman, we recently made a few changes to the code which broke compatibility with the highest version of gtkmm3 available on 18.04.4 LTS. This has now been fixed. If you pull the latest version from GitHub (git pull) and run the build script, you should be all right!

Thanks for the report.

2 Likes

Thanks! Its working as expected now.

Some other feedback from my first impressions after installing:

• Really fast respons-time of you to help me.
  • I like the slightly larger and reworked icons in the default theme.
  • The hand-tool in File-browser and Local (Alt-o) in the Editor uses the same icon. Is that intentional or possibly confusing when the same icon is used for two very different things?