Compiling ART on OSX

So… how about a macOS Finder command-f search for “libomp”, should give us the path for where libomp ended up.

When I do the Cmd+f command, it doesn’t the library. However I could find it manually:

• libomp.a, libomp.dylib located in /opt/homebrew/Cellar/libomp/11.0.1/lib/ (versioned path)
  • and shortcuts to these 2 files in /opt/homebrew/lib/ (unversioned path)

And by the way, since the beginning the cmake comand does actually find libomp:

-- Found OpenMP_C: -Wno-pass-failed -Wno-deprecated-register -Xpreprocessor -fopenmp /opt/homebrew/lib/libomp.dylib -I/opt/homebrew/include/ (found version "4.5") 
-- Found OpenMP_CXX: -Wno-pass-failed -Wno-deprecated-register -Xpreprocessor -fopenmp /opt/homebrew/lib/libomp.dylib -I/opt/homebrew/include/ (found version "4.5") 
-- Found OpenMP: TRUE (found version "4.5")

I see, so we need to modify tools/osx/macosx_bundle.sh to use that cached value then.

1 Like

Hi, I missed this message of yours. Indeed the database was still getting generated, I didn’t know I had to wait.
Here’s the output of locate libomp.dylib:

/Library/Application Support/Waves/WavesLocalServer/WavesLocalServer.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libomp.dylib
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libomp/11.0.1/lib/libomp.dylib
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/llvm/11.0.1/Toolchains/LLVM11.0.1.xctoolchain/usr/lib/libomp.dylib
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/llvm/11.0.1/lib/libomp.dylib
/opt/homebrew/lib/libomp.dylib
1 Like