Compiling libiptcdata under msys failing to configure

Hi,

I can’t get rawtherapee working with gimp, despite trying dev builds, having the exe on my path and also using Partha’s 10.6. I thought I’d try compiling from scratch and am following the tutorial here: Windows - RawPedia. I have installed msys2 64bit from the msys website and added all the packages as requested on that page. When I type
./configure --prefix=/mingw64

I get:

./configure --prefix=/mingw64 configure: loading site script /etc/config.site checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p checking for gawk... gawk checking whether make sets (MAKE)… yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles… no
checking build system type… Invalid configuration x86_64-pc-msys': system msys’ not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub x86_64-pc-msys failed

Any ideas?

@arad85

1- Rawtherapee as a gimp plugin
It should work with Partha’s build and all recent RT builds.
Either put the RawTherapee.exe directory path in the PATH variable or in the RAWTHERAPEE_EXECUTABLE variable.
Note: it will be automatic in future GIMP versions.

2- When installing MSYS2 you should get two shells : the MSYS shell and the MINGW64 shell (and possibly MINGW32 shell)
MSYS shell should be used only for the MSYS2 system management (updating mainly)
For application building, use exclusively the MINGW64 shell (or MINGW32 shell for 32 bits) as it provides the needed environment.

1. It doesn’t seem to work. Which is why I’m trying 2.

2. Yup. Thanks. Needed the mingw64 shell…