Configure Image Information Panel?

The new release has allowed significant customisation of image info displayed in the light table and tooltips. I would like to also be able to customise the information displayed in the “image information” panel. There are some metadata items that I would likely never use, so focusing on what is important to me would be great. Is there a way to do this?
(I saw a previous post from 2018, as well as a redmine feature request, but a lot has happened with the project in that time!)

1 Like

There’s FR here: Image Information Display · Issue #5609 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub but it’s not exactly the one you want. You might want to add your comments there

You can exclude any metadata items that appear in the metadata editor module by setting them to ‘hidden’ in the metadata settings sub-window (the gear icon)

Screenshot_2020-10-21_11-01-34

@johnny-bit, thanks, seems to be some similar discussion. I’ll add my thoughts as the issue hasn’t been updated in a while. I also have the issue that the image information window is using a scroll bar, even though there is free space for more lines.

@elstoc, thank you for the reply, though I was referring to the image information panel that displays the exif, typically found on the left of the screen.

use ctrl+scroll to embiggen module window :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I know. If you mark metadata items as hidden they will no longer be displayed in the image information panel.

2 Likes

Any news on this topic? I would like to customise the info too so it only shows very few infos like ISO, date, exposure and aperture.

Something like that: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/7294

Nice :smile:

I would like to be able to display the EXIF tag ‘Focal Length In 35mm Format’ and to be able to find images with specific values of this tag within the lighttable.

Is this possible?

Lee

It seems this didn’t get into 3.4.1, did it?
I’m also is waiting for this feature very much. A lot of info I never need eats up the screen space competing with useful one…

There will be no new features in minor releases now. So, 3.4.1 is only bug-fixes, as would be too a 3.4.2 if there’s one. New features will now come only in major releases, so 3.6, 3.8, etc. And good news, like last year, darktable team will release 2 major releases this year (and maybe next year if we continue to have active development like it is actually). 3.6 will be out in june (around summer solstice) and 3.8 like each year, for Christmas.

3 Likes

Generally I", aware of that. But the commit milestone was showing 3.4.1, which made me think that maybe, maybe…
Anyway, the news about two releases per year is definitely a good one!

I think the PR milestones should be correct now.

It doesn’t matter much, but thank you!