Configuring GIMP for a Wacom Tablet

Edit - the problem described below is solved. I’m still trying to figure how to map different shortcuts to buttons on the tablet.

I just got a Wacom Intuos tablet. I’m running Kubuntu 17.10.

I plugged the tablet in, and it seems drivers and all that work fine. I’ve never used a tablet before, so not sure what to expect.

So I started messing with settings in the “input devices” dialog in the gimp. When I tried to assign a tablet button that would change my brush size, now whenever I touch the pen to the tablet, a GEGL dialog opens up.

I am not sure how to revert the button I assigned.

In the screen shot the part that says “Keys 1 Delete” is the problem. That is the setting I changed before I got the GEGL Operation weirdness.

I’d also be interested to know the proper way to set up shortcuts on these buttons.

double click and remove with bakcspace

That worked. Thank you! Any idea how to map the buttons on the tablet to different commands? Example: Increase brush size shortcut mapped to one of the tablet buttons?

for example: double click and press b for brush
Always it uses the shortcut of toolbar

Well I am confused because there’s 4 different devices associated with the tablet:

The pad, the pen cursor, the pen eraser, and the pen stylus.

Each one has 6 choices in the “Axes” section, and 248 choices in the “keys” section.

My tablet has 4 buttons on it. Pen has 2 buttons…etc… And I have no idea which of these thousands of options to change. When I assign “]” to Key #1 in the tablet section, I get back to the problem that I described in the first post of this thread.