Convert CLUT file to .icc profile ?

Hello Rawtherapee experts,

I was wondering if it’s possible to use Rawtherapee to convert a CLUT file (typically in .cube or HaldCLUT .png format) as an .icc profile with the CLUT embedded into it ?
I’m a complete n00b in RT, so please excuse me if this is a trivial task to do.

I need to do some experiments that involves generating .icc files for CLUTs with various sizes (17^3, 33^3, …, 144^3) and see how they can be imported into GIMP.

Any help appreciated, thanks by advance !

I would have a look at dcamprof, not RT, for this. Dcamprof allows you to specify the ICC in Json format (including a LUT IIRC), which should be doable from within GMIC.
HTH

3 Likes

Thanks. Never used this, and the documentation is a bit intimidating :slight_smile:
I’ll start reading it, but if someone already knows the magical command to achieve my task, he is more than welcome!

Finally found a way, thanks to this page : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ocio-dev/CvdYlb-DEsk

OpenColorIO has a tool ociobakelut that is able do do that in one line, from a .cube file.
Wonderful !

Note that the ICC equivalent of an arbitrary 3dlut (i.e. RGB → RGB) is an ICC device link.

Most references to “ICC profiles” are actually to ICC device profiles, which are not the same thing, being conversions from device space values to/from device independent color values (i.e. CIE based values).

(ICC profiles are a standardized superset of various random 3dlut formats.)

1 Like