.CR3 EXIF data for File Browser in v5.10?

Hello,

I would like to ask a question. I read with interest RT now supports .CR3 format and indeed I can now view the EXIF data via the “i” button when viewing a .CR3 image, but I am wondering how that information is displayed in the File Browser view for all .CR3 images? Is there a simple refresh of the view to bring that EXIF data in?

What I see is the majority of the CR3 images displayed in File Browser do not display their .CR3 EXIF data by default. I only see the .CR3 EXIF data if I have worked on a specific image and then return to the File Browser view. For the corresponding .jpg images however, EXIF data is shown for all images in the browser view regardless if I have worked on a file or not.

Maybe I miss a simple action here to be able to display all EXIF info for .CR3 images in File Browser window?

I read in the Release Notes for v5.10 support for CR3 files now supported but it does not go into further detail of what functionality is supported, hence this question.

Thanks
Mark

Don’t worry! I solved my issue.

I went to File Browser preferences tab and cleared the cache under the Cache Options section, restarted RT and now I have all EXIF data showing for all my .CR3 images.

1 Like