"CR3 Version" doesn't start

Hi,

I’m using the “cr3 version” of darktable from AUR (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/darktable-cr3-git) and it suddenly stopped working. When I try to open darktable from the terminal, it shows the following message:

/usr/bin/darktable: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.69: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks in advance.

rebuild it against the new libicu

Aur packages will not detect if dependencies have changed and automatically rebuild afaik so rebuilding it should be the first thing you do if something stops working.

1 Like

When I try to rebuild I get the following message:

make[2]: *** [bin/CMakeFiles/lib_darktable_imageio_rawspeed.dir/build.make:76: bin/CMakeFiles/lib_darktable_imageio_rawspeed.dir/common/imageio_rawspeed.cc.o] Error 1
make[2]: leaving the folder "/var/tmp/pamac-build-a42578/darktable-cr3-git/src/darktable/build"
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2429: bin/CMakeFiles/lib_darktable_imageio_rawspeed.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[37%] Linking CXX executable darktable-rs-identify
make[2]: leaving the folder "/var/tmp/pamac-build-a42578/darktable-cr3-git/src/darktable/build"
[37%] Built target darktable-rs-identify
make[1]: leaving the folder "/var/tmp/pamac-build-a42578/darktable-cr3-git/src/darktable/build"
make: *** [Makefile:156: all] Error 2
make: leaving the folder "/var/tmp/pamac-build-a42578/darktable-cr3-git/src/darktable/build"
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().

I suggest not to use the cr3 version in AUR anymore. Instead, use darktable-git, which should now support CR3 (by means of libraw, instead of rawspeed).

2 Likes

It works! Thanks for the help.