Crash when drawing mask

Hi all,

I’m experiencing crashing of DT when drawing mask or when adjusting that mask without any message. When I reopen DT the half of the history is even deleted like it never ever was before.
I don’t know which version I use, I’ve installed it last July, on Mac Monterey, RAW files from Nikon D700.

You should be able to see the version in the upper left corner of the program, beside the darktable logo.

I defer to the more experienced users of DT here, but one possibility is that it may have something to do with openCL. Try disabling openCL in processing preferences and see if the crashes continue. If openCL is the problem than other more experienced users will guide you towards the correct solution.

Okay, I got it now, thanks, it’s 4.4.2

I add a photo of the preferences, I’m not sure if the OpenCL is disabled this way but it was like this for me anyway, when downloaded DT I changed the default settings to this here, maybe this is the problem?

There was a bug around the mask. You should try the new version, 4.6.1. Get it from www.darktable.org

1 Like

Okay thanks, that what I was thinking for a while but then I thought maybe I just screwed up something.