Crash when opening Fuji crop .raf files

DSCF0348.RAF (11.9 MB)

Hi All,

My first post here. I have learnt a lot from this forum already from reading many threads though so thanks!

I shoot with a Fuji X-Pro3. The fastest of the burst shooting modes enforce a 1.25 crop such that images end up at 4992 x 3328 rather than the full 6276 x 4140 resolution.
When I try to open any .raf files created with this crop factor RawTherapee crashes. By ‘crashes’, in this case, I mean simply closes itself down.
FastRawViewer and RawDigger open the files no problems.

I’m using RT 5.8, Win10 Home x64, OS build 19042.1110

The steps to reproduce this are easy - just open RT then try to open the file for editing.

I’ve uploaded a file with this post.

I apologise if I’ve posted this in the wrong place or am otherwise wasting someone’s time. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Cheers and many thanks, Michael

that’s strange - using RT 5.8 kubuntu and it just closes it straight down. tried 3 times

edit. opens fine and can edit it in darktable 3.6.0

could try sending the file(s) zipped as outlined here How to fix crashes on startup - RawPedia

@Michael.Floyd I can reproduce the crash on the 5.8 release version and the latest development version, thanks for supplying the file and reporting the issue. It may be related to similar issues with other camera’s that crop their raw files: see e.g. Segfault when opening compressed CR3 and cropped raw from Canon R5 · Issue #6279 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

I’ve filed an issue in our tracker Segfault when opening cropped Fujifilm X-Pro3 raw · Issue #6312 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

Thanks David and Thanatomanic, you guys are on the ball! Much appreciated.