crash with the style creation window

Hello,
I have a problem with the style creation window. If I click on one of the bottom buttons, “Select all” or “Select nothing”, Darktable freezes for a few moments and then closes without a message.
If I don’t click either of these two buttons, the window works normally and I can create a style.
I get this kind of message when I launch darktable via the terminal.

(darktable:7509): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:15:51.517: ../gtk/gtktreemodel.c:1806: Invalid column number 6 accessed (remember to end your list of columns with a -1)

(darktable:7509): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 12:15:51.517: gtk_list_store_set_valist: assertion 'GTK_IS_LIST_STORE (list_store)' failed

(darktable:7509): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 12:15:51.517: gtk_list_store_set_valist: assertion 'GTK_IS_LIST_STORE (list_store)' failed

Fedora 39 gnome darktable 4.6.1, both compliler from the master, or from the OBS repositories.

If you’re using Wayland, can you try on Xorg and see if it still happens?

same under x11 as under wayland.

Can you post the output (via pastebin or similar or attach txt) of -d common?

I’m on fedora 39 KDE and don’t see this problem.

with the command “darktable -d common” the software does not close every time, but the window is not usable, and clicking on buttons and checkboxes changes nothing.
darktable -d common.txt (53,0 Ko)
essai avec -d common

I don’t get a crash but I can confirm the style window is bugged in 4.6.1. (Running on Mac OS Sonoma).

1. In the styles pane, click on New or Edit.
  2. Then click on Select all or Select None
  3. Once you do that, all the checkboxes in the include or reset columns are non-responsive. You can’t toggle them.

I think I just ran into this same bug. Running on Kubuntu 22.04.4

Fixed on master.

1 Like