Crop windows in preview

Hello,

why are the crop windows shown in the preview images of variable size? Some are tiny, some are almost the complete image:

How can I change this behaviour? I would prefer not to see any crop window in the previews.

Hermann-Josef

Because the crop tool is activated and crops were made of various size. If you did not intentionally use the crop tool on those images, maybe your default profile for non-raw photos has the crop tool activated.

@Morgan_Hardwood
Yes, the crop tool is activated by my profile. But why are there various crop sizes? The crop tool has the format 4:3 specified.

In the example above, only the image FN_1125… had an associated pp3-file.

Hermann-Josef

@Jossie I don’t know what you did, so hard to say.

Yes, all of those crops look like they have the 4:3 ratio.

Size is not the same as ratio. If you had a processing profile which included an activated crop tool using a 4:3 ratio and you pasted it over various JPEGs of various sizes, you’d end up with a crop which spans the whole image, as you have in the right column in your screenshot, and with a crop which is smaller than the image if the images were larger than your source, as you do in your left column.

Following these requirements is a good idea even when just asking a question in the forum: How to write useful bug reports - RawPedia

I agree, only FN_1125… has the checkmark, means it has a pp3 file. The others don’t. Strange.

Bug confirmed. I will open an issue on github…

@Jossie
https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/issues/5451

@Heckflosse Thanks a lot, Ingo!

@Morgan_Hardwood When I see something strange, I first assume, that I did something wrong. Thus I will not rush and claim a bug report right away.

Hermann-Josef

@Jossie in my opinion, if someone thinks something might be a bug, then they should file a proper bug report in the right place along with all the needed info. That way there’s no duplication of effort (writing something here, then re-writing it in GitHub), no wasted time since all the important info is provided (important info here was missing, though @heckflosse spotted something I overlooked), which allows us to quickly determine what’s going on, and no harm is done if it turns out it’s not a bug.

1 Like