Crowd-funding for PhotoFlow and other FLOSS-related work

Dear all,

most of you know about the development of PhotoFlow and my other contributions to graphics-related projects - mostly in the form of AppImage packages and Continuous Integration support.

I have decided to try getting some support for all those activities, through a crowd-funding initiative on Patreon: Andrea Ferrero is creating Open-Source Image Editing tools | Patreon

No ambitious goals, just a little support to help me justify the amount of hours I spend of FLOSS software. My work and support to projects will continue as usual, regardless of the outcome of the crowd-funding - after all, I am totally against the “you only get it if you pay for it” phylosophy!

If you wish to help me, I would really appreciate if you could give me suggestions to improve the patreon page, and if you could help me spread the announcement across the social media. And if at the end you will even decide to become a patron, it will be very much appreciated!

You can read more on the Patreon page and this blog post.

Thanks!!!

7 Likes

Hi, now I’m your first patreon. :sunglasses:
And I’m just doing it because:

1. I like to be the first one.
  2. I hope you will switch from appimage to flatpack.
  3. Now I have a really good reason to try PhotoFlow.

Thank you so much!!! :partying_face::vulcan_salute::gift::tada::confetti_ball:

What would be the advantages?

I would strongly suggest you to try the GIMP plug-in. Some resources:

We should probably go ahead and put up a blog post about this at least. @paperdigits do you think you’d have a little time to get with @Carmelo_DrRaw and see if we can put together a nice post?

2 Likes

I think I can come up with some questions for an interview style piece.

3 Likes

That would be awesome!!!

The text in my patreon page tries to be a short summary of what I am doing, maybe it can be taken as a decent starting point: Andrea Ferrero is creating Open-Source Image Editing tools | Patreon

Thanks a lot!!!

For me the advantages of flatpack over appimage are:

• flatpack has a very useful build system, you just need the manifest file and everything gets downloaded and build with the right version.
  • new versions get downloaded automatically via gnome software.
  • good intention into the desktop (file open in the file manager, icons in the “start” menus…)