Cryptomatte development

This is the thread for Cryptomatte development.
Coming from here:

Lets’s Discuss further.
@ivan.stephan @El_Artista @cgvirus

Question: What are the cryptolayers? And how to fill it up?

So far, unfortunately nothing has worked in my machine. I think the plug has not been configured with Alias. The params in group interface are not connected with inside params. Let me know folks. Thanks.

Additional small area of improvement, in Cryptomatte’s Nuke implementation the picker UI uses Nuke’s eyedropper knob instead of the standard color knob.

Does Natron have an equivalent parameter? If so it should be used instead, allowing users to touch a slider or RGB values will only lead to problems for them.

No, eyedropper is combined here.

1 Like

@cgvirus @ivan.stephan Has this progressed since? I’m doing some work on the new website and there’s currently a Cryptomatte blurb in the features section, though I’m unsure if we should feature it there considering this implementation isn’t feature-complete compared to most others? Also it’s not shipped with the program but I don’t super mind that.

Additionally, (as mentioned in the previous thread) Psyop does have a branch for Natron but it’s currently broken and I’m not sure if it ever actually functioned… It does load in Natron though!

HI, no the cryptomatte node previous one is working but the new one has not been progressed yet. I will try to debug it.
I don’t think it will be a good idea to feature it in sitemap as it’s not feature complete.

Psyop has accepted the current patch available for crypto for Natron. There are some new things coming in official exr BTW.

I will try to develop it further more this year. (Fingers crossed).

1 Like

Will remove it from the features page. :+1:

There are some new things coming in official exr BTW.

It’s true! This paper’s implementation was added to OpenEXR 3.0 but the original paper came out in 2018 and I think it’s probably going to be a while before these features see any adoption. Cryptomatte will likely remain the standard for the foreseeable future.