current OSX Build

Thank you Martin. Ten out of ten.I can use the M1 Mini again because is so fast for Darktable.
Thanks again !

does this build open up for you?

Okay, I figured it out, terminal command " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> " resolved the issue for me. The build is working now, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Yes, no problems at all.

Works like charm on a MacBook Air M2 Ventura. Thanks!!

current 4.2.x branch + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet

darktable-4.2.0+118~g6edec3c41_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.2.0+118~g6edec3c41_x86_64.dmg

these builds uses the final solution in gtk3 3.24.36 to fix macos13: presets menu doesn’t get focus for mouse actions · Issue #12727 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub . the gtk3 library was built using patches from #66487 (gtk3 menues broken with macos ventura - update needed) – MacPorts so the build was just checked on my ventura-systems - so don’t forget to backup …

2 Likes

Great on my 2017 Intel Mac, as always. Many thanks for all the work you do, Martin — very much appreciated!

Martin,

Thank you SO much for posting this. It was so frustrating trying to figure out how to use darktable with the mouse workarounds. They only work about half the time. I am so glad I came across your post.

Had to do the same trick here. Thanks !!

Hello and thanks so much for the regular builds.
Strange thing happened to me though. With the recent builds (all the 4.2 versions), I have a discrepancy between the exported jpg file and the darkroom view.
I started a thread here : Gamma/Saturation difference between DT and other apps on Mac - #8 by nwinspeare
Problem solved by rolling back to official release 4.2.0

I’m seeing a similar issue. Since you mentioned it I’ve tried and it’s pretty obvious indeed. The pictures loose quite a bit of colour once exported…
Trying rolling back to 4.2 now…

Edit: so the jpg exported with 4.2 are completely identical, but the display in the lighttable and darkroom is now matching what I have with the exported JPG.
It was not a case of “loosing quite a bit of colour once exported” but rather getting more punchy in darktable for some reason.
the only thing is that I’m back with the broken menus :frowning:

darktable-4.2.0+126~g66b8bc3ea_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.2.0+126~g66b8bc3ea_x86_64.dmg (built on M1 for x86_64 architecture in a virtual machine - so try it before replacing you current installation)

it’s unsigned, you might need to allow execution via terminal: " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> "

these builds uses the final solution in gtk3 3.24.36 to fix macos13: presets menu doesn’t get focus for mouse actions · Issue #12727 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub . the gtk3 library was built using patches from #66487 (gtk3 menues broken with macos ventura - update needed) – MacPorts so the build was just checked on my ventura-systems - so don’t forget to backup …

if you’re using it on an intel mac, please give feedback if that build is fine - since I’m using a virtual machine to build it now it’s build with target macos 10.14.
if it doesn’t work: I’ll be able to build on an intel mac until end of February

Hi, working as expected on iMac intel OS 12.6. Thank you for the build!

darktable-4.2.0+142~ged55215fd_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.2.0+142~ged55215fd_x86_64.dmg (built on M1 for x86_64 architecture in a virtual machine - so try it before replacing you current installation)

it’s unsigned, you might need to allow execution via terminal: " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> "

this build also contains the patch to fix gtk3 3.24.36 colormanagement issue on macOS

if you’re using it on an intel mac, please give feedback if that build is fine - since I’m using a virtual machine to build it now it’s build with target macos 10.14.
if it doesn’t work: I’ll be able to build on an intel mac until end of February

1 Like

Its working! Thanks
i7-8700k MacOs Ventura 13.2

Working fine here on
3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Ventura 13.2

Thank you!

Working great on Mac Mini M1.
Thank you.

Working on on iMac intel OS 12.6. May be is time for me to move up to Ventura!!

Works on Intel, 11.7 - and the colors are correct :slight_smile: Thank you!

Working for me on macOS 13.2 on an M1 macbook air. I also notice that this build seems to be a lot snappier when browsing the lighttable than the official 4.2 build that I was running up until today. Are there some performance improvements on this branch?