current OSX Build

current master + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet
darktable-4.1.0+427~g90b964f88_x86_64.dmg
latest commits: Pulse · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub
this build requires at least osx 10.15; don’t forget to backup …

Thanks!
where is this module? was not able to find it.

Inpaint opposed highlights reconstruction

Namaste/Namaskar, Raj,

It is in module highlight reconstruction,
change method to inpaint opposed.

(Addendum: I do not know if it is in the OSX version yet, though.)

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

1 Like

it was merged at 5th of October, the build was made 6 days ago …

1 Like

OK, it was mentioned in the GitHub link for this update so asked.

Yeah, those Pulse links are pretty useless as they depend on the point in time when you click them. Just give the commit (or diff between two commits).

current master + sigmoid pr (New module: Sigmoid display transform by jandren · Pull Request #12642 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub) & a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet
darktable-4.1.0+593~g2d5f6a137_x86_64.dmg

Martin I posted a couple of video’s in the sigmoid thread and commented in the PR…Do you see any of this in your build when local contrast sigmoid and cc for wb ie with the CAT enabled… giving a black screen…maybe just my build…mine is WIndows but I am not sure if anyone has the PR in a Windows build yet??

current master + sigmoid pr (New module: Sigmoid display transform by jandren · Pull Request #12642 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub ) & a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet
darktable-4.1.0+653~g6bdaf6221_x86_64.dmg

Thinking about whether to upgrade to macOS 13 Ventura, but thought I’d check first that the current darktable stable for Mac will run on Ventura. Has anyone tried it?
TIA

have just updated, will check and then the next build will be done on Ventura

Thanks Martin @MStraeten

Thanks @kmilos. I didn’t spot that when I searched on GitHub.

Reproducible also with intel mac. Need to upgrade Xcode 14.1 commandline tools (just rc2 available) then macports to see if a build with Ventura compatible macports helps …

@MStraeten , I recently downloaded darktable 4 and noticed on my m1 Mac that the GPU was not being used. Also, in settings the OpenCL options are all showing as not activated.

Please check this thread Darktable 4-MacOS M1+OpenCL - #10 by hannoschwalm

Did you notice this issue? Some person at the end said that OpenCL was never used but I am sure I have seen it used on 3.8. I had also tuned the parameters so I clearly remember.

@MStraeten please ignore my message. I cleared my .cache folder and OpenCL started to work.

current master + sigmoid pr (New module: Sigmoid display transform by jandren · Pull Request #12642 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub ) & a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet
darktable-4.1.0+719~g9ec4d3dce_x86_64.dmg

Where do I find the cache folder? OpenCL does not run on my M1 Mac mini either. I’m curious if Darktable will run significantly faster.

It runs faster for sure. The cache folder is located in your user home folder. Enable view hidden files CMD+SHIFT+.

You will see a .cache folder and then under that darktable. There are things you might end up losing so please read the documentation before doing this. I think styles are stored under the .config folder so you are safe there.