Dark Mode without LogIn?

Hi, when i’m logged in, the forum page is in prefered dark mode for me.

Is it possible to put the appearance of this forum on Dark Mode without being logged in? Or, in other words, that the forum takes into account the ingenious setting in the browser to show the favorite Dark Mode?

Every time I call the forum of pixls I almost blind because otherwise on my desktop the Dark Mode is implemented ;-))))

That would be really nice, this could be taken into account for a normal visit without login. Thank you :slight_smile:

No, not that I’m aware of. You should just login.

On current Firefox on windows I’m always auto logged in - maybe your browser could be configured to do that?

I’m not sure I’m not being misunderstood. I do not wish a complete changeover to Dark Mode but that the corresponding browser settings are taken into account and an automatic switchover becomes possible as needed and demand.
In my opinion, this is contemporary and technically existing web design and UI.
In other forums with modern software, this is also not a problem and a theme for Dark Mode obviously already exists. And no, i dont want to be logged in only for short watching or as guest viewer has not an account. You understand?

And Discourse obviously supports this for a long time and it only needed a corresponding configuration.

This is not yet in the stable branch.

Okay, I see. Now ;-))
pixls has 3.2.0 installed.
The demo at DISCOURSE is based on the 3.3.0-beta. On the front, however, they apply the Dark Mode. It cannot be seen whether this now affects the entire website or only the area after LogIn. Unfortunately, this is somewhat misleading in connection with the demo.

I know another forum where the beta version is in operation. From this, too, the amazement was great that it should not work here :wink:

Thanks for your Info! :slight_smile:

1 Like