Dark Moody Tones in DT

My version…

_MG_6290.CR3.xmp (19.3 KB)

3 Likes

Well honestly I picked it without thinking too much. I thought the clouds and the house KINDA looked similar (in lighting conditions) as the one of the white house of the video. I like your different view of the photo!

I agree 100%! That’s something I struggle with though.

2 Likes

_MG_6290.CR3.xmp (7,1 Ko)

2 Likes

Hi @nahueljo,

here is my version, mainly used the tone-equalizer as the “whites slider” and the color zones for the desaturation of blue to green.

I hope this helps :wink:

_MG_6290.CR3.xmp (18.2 KB)

3 Likes

Cool! I see you used mostly the color zones and color balance rgb modules :slight_smile:

Oooo I like it! that’s moody! love the desaturated look and how the house pops.

Thank you so much to everyone that submitted their version and let me peep at their process. I’ve learned a lot from your work.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us play with your image! :blush:. It’s nice to have an interesting ‘brief’ too.

2 Likes

_MG_6290.CR3.xmp (29.4 KB)
I was in a hurry when doing my first edit and seeing all the others made me want to have a go again, or rather re tune the one I did ^^
Used the fulcrum in the multiply blending of the grey mask I crafted in colour calibration mode to adjust effect wanted of contrasts and overhaul brightness. Very handy in this situation

Your picture is really inspiring :smiley:

4 Likes

:open_mouth: i like the sky!

Thanks! I honestly didn’t like it before but now looking at all of these interpretations it’s growing on me!

A version… less dark.

_MG_6290_01.CR3.xmp (22.2 KB)

2 Likes

In response to OP’s original question, how about this? I did it in Local Contrast, Scenic mode, Multiply blend mode with a Fulcrum of +2.18 and Opacity of 80%. Maybe a little advanced, but not difficult.

_MG_6290.CR3.xmp (7.5 KB)

2 Likes

_MG_6290.CR3.xmp (13.5 KB)

2 Likes