Darktable 2.7 (dev) Windows builds

I just noticed that with the 2.7 dev builds i can no longer filter/collect for aspect ratio.
Right now my database contains almost 50k images but the list of aspect ratios is empty.
How to analyse this further? Reimport the files the debug info? I’m not sure if the problem is that DT does not have any aspect ratios or just does not display them…

When i just enter % in the aspect ratio field it does not show any images…

I am using darktable-2.7.0+1859~gce84aeff9-win64 and it is working as expected.

1 Like

New build darktable-2.7.0+1945~gd8c468a27-win64 has been just added.

4 Likes

First I want to thank all for the work providing the dev builds which allows me darktable_bt_HUP28Z.txt (13.8 KB) to get first impression to the upcomming release.
Doing so with the build 2.7.0+1945 I got an shutdown of DT after trying to start collection based on date tag.
I append the bt file here. Don’t know if this is the right way. If not let me know how to handle it otherwise.

Hello,
first of all thank you for your work!

On my system, build 2.7.0+1945, as soon as I’ve imported a new pictures folder, DT gave me unhandled exception message and as soon as I click ok on that popup message, it does crash: curiously, if I ignore that popup window I’m able to work normally on the folder’s pictures…

Find attached the bt file
darktable_bt_RDX18Z.txt (7.7 KB)

Thank you for providing us with latest builds of darktable development!

Using darktable-cli with latest build 2.7.0+1945 for exporting an image gives an Access Violation exception - see attached bt file darktable_bt_U5EA9Z.txt (7.3 KB)
Doing the same export with darktable 2.6.2 works fine.

You may need a generic build…looks like the compile will not work on your system…Builds compiled with the default commands are optimized for the CPU and hardware of that machine…maybe this version is not the generic version which required a command line switch to invoke…looks like the white balance module was the error…

It is generic build.

thank you, I will test

It works well on my windows10. Thanks.:smiley:

Hi, I have a problem with the last version, 2.7.0 + 1945. 3D Lut does not work properly. The version 2.7.0 + 1477 works fine. 3D Lut checked without any modules used and with identical color profiles as in the earlier version.

WIN 10

Would that be related to this issue ?

I have the same problems with 3d Luts as Marcin. With 2.7.0 + 1477 everthing works fine with 3D Luts. The colors are totaly wrong when using 3D Luts. With HardCluts I have no issues.
I also work with win10.

There is a lot of work going on right now with the code as the pixelpipe order has changed and this has affected backward compatibility and has introduced some unintended issues that are being tracked and fixed. I suspect this may be the case for the next while until this is battle tested enough to wring out all the kinks… If you land on a version that is working I would stick with it for now and let the dust settle before installing any newer version unless you are willing to debug or looking to help debug things…

Moving LUT 3D just before colorout can also help.

I would like to test version 2.7 but updating the database does not work. Do you have a solution ?

How does updating the database fail? Do you have some log or screenahot?

Hello and thank you . after my update dt a window opens and asks me to update my library, i validate but nothing happens.
where is the log file.

Your screenshot is too small to read the text in the dialog.

Logs are here:
Windows 10: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\darktable\darktable-log.txt

Windows 7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\darktable\darktable-log.txt

Here is my darktable.log file and the visual
Thankdarktable-log.txt (1.2 KB) Sans%20titre