darktable 3.2 will be released in August

Thanks.

Thanks, that’s exactly what the issue was. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

The release has been reported for tomorrow!

6 Likes

Darktable 3.2.1 has been officially released! Thanks so much to all the devs who put in so much work to make it happen.

10 Likes

Thanks to everyone involved.

I have a GUI question. Running Windows. I installed 3.2 and it looks like this:

Then I tried replacing my dev version by copying the darktable folder to my J drive and changing the bat file used to start the dev version. I started it the new version, and it looks like this:

Both installations are set to run elegant-grey. I’ve looked at preferences and don’t see a setting to account for the different look. Moreover, in the second installation, clicking on an image doesn’t select/highlight it. When I double-clicked on one, it opened in darkroom, but upon returning to lighttable, it looks like this:

I admit I got the idea for copying the darktable folder from some post, and I don’t really know what I am doing. :upside_down_face:

Your .config/darktable folder most likely contains a style.css that overwrites the standard themes. Just delete it.

That doesn’t seem to be it. There are no .css files in darktableconfig.

I started from scratch on another drive, just copying the bin, lib, and share directories from Program Files. Same problem.

You have to look for your personal config files, not for the files of the installation. In linux you find them in ~/.config/darktable in windows I don’t know.

I want a separate, second installation. The same concept as when I had 3.02 and the Filmic V4 dev version installed with its own config and cache.

See darktable/README.md at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub and darktable/README.md at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

On darktable 3.2 and dev versions, check before preferences dialog window and see which theme is used and if modify theme with css tweaks below is checked (if yes, start by unchecking it).

On what you made, you have an issue with a CSS personal tweak and especially a path issue. darktable don’t find the correct CSS on your dev version, that’s why you have that awful GUI.

As I said, I read it on the internet.

When I read directions for installing the dev version, the post said rename darktable.exe to make sure there was no confusion, and of course, use that name in your bat file. I did the same thing with 3.2.1. Bad idea! Once I changed the name back and the bat file to darktable.exe, dt ran just fine.

Sorry to bother everyone.

*** Many thanks for this latest version ***

I think I’ve built the right version, it says it’s 3.2.1, e.g. there’s a search in shortcuts, e.g. there’s a “user modified” preset in white balance. However there’s still a checkbox for basecurve presets in settings - I read this has been removed.

There’s a checkbox to ‘auto-apply per-camera base curve presets’ which should only be used in combination with the ‘display-referred’ pixel workflow defaults. It’s the latter option that replaces the ‘auto-apply base curve’ preference.

1 Like

Ah, thanks, I see.

What new features are planned for dt 3.4?

Some of them are already highlighted in the release notes draft (a really work in progress documents): darktable/RELEASE_NOTES.md at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub
But there are many pull requests (upcoming changes) that are still to be merged/developed/reviewed/discussed… You can have an insight here (sometimes really technical, sometimes understandable by anyone): Pull requests · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

2 Likes

Not much, 3.2 had many new features already. 3.4 will mostly concentrate on fixing some bugs uncovered after the huge 3.2 work. 3.4 will also have many speed improvements.

I also hope for an update of the user manual. Work has already been done on this part but there is some more work to be done.

3 Likes