darktable 3.4: waveform histogram disappeared in darkroom mode (Windows 10)

Hello everyone,

I suppose it is a bug on Windows 10, with Darktable 3.4, but you never know and maybe someone knows how to fix it…

In short, I don’t know how to visualize again the histogram while editing my images in the darkroom mode. The icons for the 3 channels are gone as well.
In the past days it worked fine but now is no longer available…

I have tried with different folders with different RAWs images but I am unable to get it back :slight_smile:
The “scope” histogram is the only one which is visible.
However, if I click and drag into the histogram window the exposure is changed accordingly therefore it is likely only a display issue

Here is an image:

Try going into preferences and disabling the ‘modify selected theme with CSS tweaks below’ check box in the general tab

Hello @elstoc

Try going into preferences and disabling the ‘modify selected theme with CSS tweaks below’ check box in the general tab

Thanks a bunch, It did the trick :slight_smile:
I would have never ever imagined this solution myself…

There are some other oddities in your screenshot that I recognised from it terminated and the interface setting appears to be lost · Issue #7467 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub. It needs a Windows dev to look at it but unfortunately most of the darktable developers run Linux, which doesn’t exhibit this issue.

1 Like

Hello @elstoc

There are some other oddities in your screenshot.

Yep. darktable GUIs is somewhat “unpredictable” at times on Windows :slight_smile:
However it is extremely stable thus far: never got a crash although I am experimenting quite a lot since I am a dummy with this software.
Always worked with RawTherapee so far which is super-stable on Windows 10 albeit less features-rich than darktable IMHO

I have the same problem, except I have installed v3.8 on windows 10. I am new to darktable and this came up the first time I tried it. Normally I begin editing with the exposure setting, then white balance. I set the exposure then tried to set the white balance. That’s when the fun started. A message popped up telling me white balance had been set twice. As darktable sets a white balance by default I figured I will simply reset the original setting. Then I had to reset the exposure again, except there is now no histogram showing. The box is there but there is no display! I have searched for a fix for two days now all in vain.

Are you using the default settings or have you changed them?

I am using all the default settings