darktable 3.8: Winter Release 2021

Translations of this article: German, Spanish. The darktable team is proud to announce the second feature release of 2021. Documentation As is becoming the norm now, all new features are fully documented in the latest version of the user manual. We have also added a new introductory section to act as a guide for new users and those unfamiliar with scene-referred workflow. While translated documentation was not quite ready in time for darktable 3.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.darktable.org/2021/12/darktable-3-8/
26 Likes

As usual the images don’t work here so click the link at the bottom for the full post.

Oh, dear :flushed:

Upon each release I ask myself: “How can they further improve darktable, since it’s already been perfect?!”

But yet they can :star_struck:

4 Likes

The description in the manual may not have been updated to reflect this??

Or maybe this is still the intended text for now… in the manual it reads

Currently only some widgets may be added to this panel (check boxes, sliders, comboboxes) – more complex widgets such as curves are not supported.

@priort good catch!

I’m sure it was a lot of hard work to gain that functionality so it should likely be reflected in the manual…setting up a QA panel is on my to do list :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help and comments this year…

Thanks team for this awesome update. I’m looking forward to testing the new modules, blurs look awesome. Diffuse or Sharpen looks a bit daunting but very powerful. PNG watermark are a very nice addition as I’m much more familiar with working with those compared to svg. And I’m also really happy to see the new option to only create XMP when editing a photo.

Above all else, I am really excited that Darktable finally supports CR3. Since I bought a EOS R earlier this year I had to build DT from source with experimental CR3 support. Being able to just install the binary will be awesome and will help bring in more people to the community as building from source was very much not user friendly.

Again great work by everyone involved. :heart:

2 Likes

Will there be a translation into Russian?

Russian is supported.

features | darktable.

2 Likes

If your darktable is older than 3.8.0 or if you use 3.9.

Many thanks!

Russian translation file was updated yesterday

3 Likes