Darktable 4.2 is coming, Simply Thank You

Love darktable. Thankyou so much to the developers for giving us this superb package.

21 Likes

Thanks a lot to all contributors, it’s a great piece of software!

9 Likes

Thanks to all the contributors. I just went back to an older Play Raw sample, and dt 4.2 gives a great result.

2013-09-28-0894_02.CR2.xmp (6.7 KB)

10 Likes

Thanks for this great piece of software!

I only recently figured out what darktable is really about (and that it is much more than just another RAW developer) and I enjoy learning so much about colours and light and science and having fun with pictures!

Laguna Vinto, seen from the top of a volcanic rock formation. Bolivia. 2012.

21 Likes

Thank you for all the effort required to build this awesome piece of software!

6 Likes

Thanks to all of the darktable developers and the whole community.

10 Likes

All I’ve learned is that you all have a bunch of nice photos and youre not sharing enough. :exploding_head:

8 Likes

@Bernhard_Vogler That picture looks a lot like some of the landscapes I see here in BC, Canada.

2 Likes

@europlatus : It’s taken near Bryce Canyon in October this year

1 Like

A big thanks to all the developers who made darktable such a high quality software! :clinking_glasses:

20 Likes

Very nice. Probably a view over the Hainich. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How can I make donation for Darktable developers ?

1 Like

Yes, those were the photos from the tower above the treetops.

Landscape with the fog was also near on the wildcat trail from lookout tower “Heinichblick” near Hütscheroda.

Such a beautiful area and landscape.

Although I live in Thürungen, in recent times I am unfortunately far too rare on the road.

1 Like

Ah yes … Hütscheroda, the Wildkatzendorf (wild cat village). Here is one its, err, residents…

This is Oscar Wild (-cat) I met there.
Nice memories…

9 Likes

No active darktable developers are currently taking donations. But you can keep saying nice things and we will feel appreciated :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Very nice idea @Christian-B !

Many, many thanks to the develoment team and all contributors. With version 4.2 darktable improved significantly and closed imho one of the last feature gaps (a really working and performant highlight reconstruction). Sigmoid as an easy alternative to filmic is a really cool feature.

After a long period of isolation we - as so many others - were lucky to travel again this year. This one is from our round trip through France.

Merry christmas everybody!

17 Likes

My new year’s resolution is to share more of my photos. Other than with direct family, I’ve never shared any of my work in all the years I’ve been doing the hobby. I don’t really need the approval of others to enjoy what I’ve created. But I think this forum and its community of enthusiasts is finally somewhere I would want to share with others and get some constructive criticism to help me improve.

14 Likes

Bali rice farmer. Used 4.2.0.

15 Likes

Hello,

After some hesitation, I am happy to have launched the idea because I did not expect such a nice reception. Thanks also to all the participants, your pictures are wonderful.
I take this opportunity to wish you a merry Christmas.

Greetings from Brussels
Christian

10 Likes

Same to you, and a Happy New Year! :tada:

1 Like