Darktable 4.2 is coming, Simply Thank You

Hello,
Please excuse me if my English is not perfect

Good news, I learned that the version 4.2 of Darktable is announced for this Wednesday 21 (winter solstice).

In view of the excellent work done, I wondered how we could thank and congratulate all the persons who participated in the development of this fabulous software.

If this initiative suits you, I propose to share one of our beautiful photos developed with Darktable 4.2 with a small message of thanks.

Personally, I propose a picture of a Hummingbird Hawk-moth, a butterfly which is named “Bonne nouvelle” (Good News) in Provence (in the south of France) because the passage of this butterfly was supposed to announce a good news for the day or at the beginning of the season, it announces the arrival of spring.

Congratulations again and thanks to all the people who participated in the development of Darktable, with which I can develop my photos while being creative and in total freedom

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

47 Likes

I was editing my latest photos when I’ve read your post.
I want to give a big thank you to all the team that work in this amazing software.

fresh out of the oven:

28 Likes

Thank you very much for darktable team!

21 Likes

Many thanks to the darktable developers team for putting this excellent raw developer at everyone’s service, which is becoming more and more amazing for its possibilities.
In my particular case I have been able to make my photographs more and more creative.

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

A Big Thank you from Habana, Cuba.

26 Likes

I don’t have snow, but I have Darktable :rofl:

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike

20221214_0028.CR2 (22.1 MB)
20221214_0028.CR2.xmp (11.1 KB)

Thanks to all the people who make this software better and better.

SaĂşdos

11 Likes

Great idea for a thread!
I guess this photo is more suited to springtime… but I like it. Thanks to all the developers!

Licenced Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

17 Likes

@Lander_corleone I was there too.
Vilage of Sience and Art is great place for photographers.
And Darktable is G.R.E.A.T - thank You

25 Likes

Thanks a lot to all devs of darktable and of all the other great FOSS! Merry christmas to everybody!

7 Likes

When I edited this picture 2 days ago I realized how easy it was now with DT to achieve such a result, corresponding to my taste and vision. So kudos to the team and a big thank you !

23 Likes

This is a very nice thread indeed. Also with very good images :grinning: fun to watch

12 Likes

Many many thanks to all of the hard work. Very thankful for darktable.

17 Likes

Thanks @Christian-B for the great idea to have this thread :slightly_smiling_face: and a really big T-H-A-N-K-S to the developer team of this incredible and awesome piece of software.

I really appreciate your work, the continued maintenance and the professional color-science based kind of implementation. I started my RAW processing with darktable and thanks to you, I was able to continuously improve my skills and always kept being excited to learn more with every new iteration of darktable. All the best to you.

13 Likes

Thank you a lot for such a nice software!!!

13 Likes

Thank you so much for hard working on my most beloved software!

14 Likes

Gracies desenvolupadors

7 Likes

Great idea. Darktable just keeps getting better and better, and I sincerely believe it’s helped me to take better photos and improve as a photographer. Thanks to all the devs and contributors!

I had a hard time choosing one picture from this year, so here are a few showcasing different styles I’ve been playing with this year. All developed with darktable:

21 Likes

Great Idea. Thanks and happy holidays for all the developers!

11 Likes

Many thanks for that really great software!

E.

24 Likes

May the open source motor drive darktable for the next year as well.

Many thanks to all the developers for this sophisticated (and addictive!) piece of software!

10 Likes

Wonderful idea, to say thank you with some magnificent images created with this incredible piece of software. Thanks to all developers, maintainers, supporters - we love this very mature version 4.2!!

It empowers us to master crazy dynamic range shots like this one from signatureedits.com:

And of course our own creations - at an unmatched speed of editing compared to earlier versions!

18 Likes