darktable 4.4.0 released

Smooth upgrade as always! Congratulations from Sweden!

3 Likes

Wow great, I like the changes on the crop module.
Thanks a lot for the great job of everyone.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Against bad weather and huge waves this sailboat called darktable opens her sails and flies over the rough waters with an incredible crew of captains, and sailors. Thank you all for this great opportunity to be part of this excellent community.

7 Likes

What a list of improvements! Great job !

2 Likes

Congrats on the release!

2 Likes

The new crop UI is really cool! As somebody who has customized their defaults with many a default preset, the new auto-labeled modules are fantastic as well.

And it feels a good bit more snappy than I remember.

Great release!

3 Likes

Big thank you to everyone who contributes. I love this project.

2 Likes

Congratulations to the dev team for this new version full of improvements !

2 Likes

Gran trabajo de equipo, muchas gracias !!!

2 Likes

First of all congratulation with the work done for releasing Darktable 4.4.0

I’m unfortunately facing strange problem. I can’t find solution.
![Darktable 4.4.0. I’m currently using Windows 10 and after working on pictures the darkroom shows black thumbnail when moving to the next picture. This could be visible on the bottom following view.

Any idea for solving the problem? I already tried closing DT, then restarting the computer. Always the same result. Lightroom is not affected with it.
Regards.
Pascal

Newbie question:

I saw mentions about updated default values. If I have a style, does this retain the old values or do they get updated with the new defaults? When I click on edit style, all I get is a list of modules, and I can’t seem to access any values… so maybe that means that styles are only modules and no values?

The style should retain the values held in the style.

I assume you meant the lighttable.
Have you tried disabling OpenCL? If that helps, re-enabling it after updating your video driver?

If these steps do not help, please open a new thread, let’s not hijack this one.

Try another collection.

I’m on Linux Mint 21.1 (Ubuntu 22.04), using the latest release ppa from OBS repository, and update manager hasn’t listed darktable 4.4 yet like it usually does when there is an update. Has this happened to anyone else using this distro?

1 Like

Thanks for the information!

Just to confirm, there’s no UI in Darktable to show or edit those values?

Hi @eobet,

Load a style, for instance one setting exposure to -2.

In darkroom view, open the exposure module.
It will show -2 because that is what the style
asked for. Change the value at will – and save
new value as a new style.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Hey all,

How does one downgrade to 4.2?
One of my most used modules has been deprecated, because it was deemed too simple, but sometimes simple is all you need.