darktable and LR/Fast Raw Viewer XMP Files

It disappears or it becomes grey. (Then white.) (Usually both, disappears and becomes white.)

Mica’s answer to your question is (still) correct
https://discuss.pixls.us/t/xmp-sidecar-files/1423/19?u=lebedevri
If some other software Y uses the exact same XMP scheme/tags/whatever as the lightroom, then you could use darktable’s rudimentary lr importer to partially mimic some of lr settings. And i do mean it, the conversion is not and never will be 1:1. Otherwise, no luck.

Thanks! Still something to play with. Even if 1:1 conversion is not possible, but some of the settings (if converted correctly) can be re-used - not bad!

Darktable and its sidecar files: is it documented?

@hobo Please start a new thread and provide us a sample raw and FRV xmp.

I have consolidated the cross-posts all based around the same question from @hobo (please don’t cross-post) into this thread, which is more on-topic and won’t veer other threads too far off-topic.

1 Like

Fantastic! Many thanks!

Comment : give a chance xnview MP : it is fast viewing RAWs and brings some interesting features like bulk renaming, tagging, rating… A good complement of RT in a photo workflow
It is a free software available to all OS (you may want to move to Linux one day like I did after 15 years of MacOS ;-))

I have and use xnview MP. Can you use its output as darktable input? What is supported?

No sorry, misunderstanding from my side. The sentence was simply related to the XMP tags mention