Darktable: compress history stack issue

Hi,
On equalizer module, I loose the mix setting after I compress the history stack:
before compressing (mix value of 1.126):

after compressing (mix value resets to 1.0):

EDIT: I’m running DT version from here:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/pmjdebruijn/darktable-release/ubuntu bionic main

That’s by design. The slider isn’t part of the stored settings. You will also lose it’s value when opening the image again later. The effect is kept though: it scales the actual curves.

@houz What’s the rationale behind it? I mean, I can save the changes in other equalizer settings and when I open the image again I can proceed from where I left them. Why can’t I do the same with the mix setting?

Moin, Grumpfchen & Bom dia, Rei!

One will also lose the value (without compressing the history stack) simply by selecting 0 - original and then select the top of history stack again.

/Claes

1 Like

The slider was added as a convenience tool to help you modify the strength of the effect. It is not a module parameter in itself; when you leave darkroom mode all changes will be consolidated into the spline curves.

From darktable’s manual.

@everyone I got it, thanks. I was giving too much importance to that slider value, but what really matters is the curve. The slider is just a means to get a curve that fits my needs. Once I get that curve, it’s not important to save the old curve + slider value, just keep the resulting curve.