darktable crash on windows

Hey !
I’m getting it hard to find where to put up my queries. I’m having trouble opening darktable. Can anyone help me?

Best open a new thread for that, with a bit more information about the problem:

• operating system and version
  • darktable version and whether it’s a “normal” install or something like flatpak
  • anything that does happen (crash, activity, …)
  • and whatever else you think might be useful (e.g. where you got your version of dt)

Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Normal install, darktable 3.6.0.1 -win64
I’m using darktable for about 5 months but it never behaved like this. A black window appears for a sec and then disappears and nothing happen then. I removed the program and again downloaded it from darktable site and installed it but nothing changed.

dt created a backtrace at exit. Please do what the dialog tells you to do, share this file.

darktable_bt_8VG090.txt (6.3 KB)

Can you please try to launch darktable from the command line with the option -d all ? This enables debug output to the terminal and should give more detailed information about your issue.

• Did you try to start dt with an empty config directory ? Without darktablerc, data.db, library.db ?
  • How many RAM ?
  • Video Card ?
  • OpenCL enabled ?

If you have a GitHub account, submit your bug request there and post your trace at the end
They will have a look.
Thank you

I don’t know how to do that. I don’t understand it.

I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 - 4GB and AMD Radeon ™ R5 M330 - 2GB

and 8 GB Ram

log-cltest.txt (43.2 KB)

I don’t have a GitHub account.

An initial remark: personally I don’t use Windows any more since more than 8 years, so I can’t lead you through the debugging process step by step. Maybe a Windows user can help further and correct me if I’m wrong or not precise enough.
There is a program called “Command Prompt” or “Windows Command Processor” in Windows. It can be used to start darktable by using the command “start darktable -d all” instead of double clicking the darktable icon or starting dt from the “start menu”. You should get a detailed output then, which can be analyzed to locate your issue.
You say you use a AMD Radeon Graphics Card. But darktable-cltest shows something different. Your Intel Graphics driver is discarded, because it is blacklisted. That is OK. But then a Nvidia Driver is (GeForce GPU) is found (Driver 391.40, OpenCL 1.2 CUDA). This does not fit together.

1 Like

Try 3.6.1 also as noted you openCL might be weird?? Just go in to preferences and disable it and try to see if that changes anything