darktable crash

When opening this file produced in Siril:

It opens fine in gimp and other apps.

ubuntu 18.04:
darktable --version
this is darktable 3.0.1

Any ideas anyone?
TIA,
Steve

It opens just fine in
Manjaro/KDE
darktable 3.1.0+1699~gfadd81274
(i.e. the git version).

Also opens as expected in Mac OSX 10.13.6
darktable-3.1.0+1604~g10c48a427

@alacant What messages do you get if you start dt in a terminal, i.e. in command mode, and try to open that image?

Both previous replies used 3.1.0 to test this.

I used stable 3.0.2 and 3.0.1 to test and it opens fine in both.

Debian Buster (10.4)

Curious to see what @Claes’ suggestion will tell us.

Hi and thanks for testing.
I’ll build the git.

Meanwhile, I found that it will load via cli, just not via ‘open with’. Strange…

1 Like

No interesting messages?

Hi
OK. If you open ‘right click open with’ it creates the xmp then crashes. If you then try the command line, it does not crash but will not open. Deleting the crashed xmp file allows opening from the cli.

Not a problem as I now know how to open the file.
Thanks for your time and patience.

darktable whale-gimp.tif
[init] moving database into new XDG directory structure

(darktable:9153): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 09:01:00.838: g_object_set_data: assertion ‘G_IS_OBJECT (object)’ failed

(darktable:9153): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 09:01:00.838: gtk_widget_get_has_tooltip: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed


Here is the xmp for the crashed attempt:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/" x:xmptk="XMP Core 4.4.0-Exiv2">
 <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
  <rdf:Description rdf:about=""
    xmlns:exif="http://ns.adobe.com/exif/1.0/"
    xmlns:xmp="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/"
    xmlns:xmpMM="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/mm/"
    xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
    xmlns:darktable="http://darktable.sf.net/"
   exif:DateTimeOriginal=""
   xmp:Rating="1"
   xmpMM:DerivedFrom="whale.tif"
   darktable:xmp_version="3"
   darktable:raw_params="0"
   darktable:auto_presets_applied="0"
   darktable:history_end="0"
   darktable:iop_order_version="0">
   <dc:rights>
    <rdf:Alt>
     <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">Siril v0.99.1</rdf:li>
    </rdf:Alt>
   </dc:rights>
   <darktable:masks_history>
    <rdf:Seq/>
   </darktable:masks_history>
   <darktable:history>
    <rdf:Seq/>
   </darktable:history>
  </rdf:Description>
 </rdf:RDF>
</x:xmpmeta>