Darktable Dev Version Crashes

Having crashes when loading some images into Darkroom, it just freezes for a few seconds and then closes. With the ones it does load up I’m getting some crashes mid edit.

It loads up with the Error: Gtk-Message: 23:13:41.169: Failed to load module “appmenu-gtk-module”

And crashes with this: (darktable:9486): libsecret-CRITICAL **: 23:14:38.817: secret_service_load_collections_sync: assertion ‘paths != NULL’ failed
[pwstorage_libsecret] error retrieving password: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
free(): invalid size
zsh: abort (core dumped) darktable

Not sure if this is something with my machine or a bug that needs reporting? Things have been fine up until the last couple of builds. To add it’s Arch Linux that I use.

If it is a repeatable crash, please attach gdb and get a debug dump. Also please be specific about which git commit of master you’re using.

Sorry, it’s 3.7.0+1336~g7bd5ad2c5f, darktable-git in the AUR. Debugging is not something I’ve done before, most of the time when I’ve had bugs they’ve already been known about on the git page so I’ve never gone as far as needing to report any.

Following the Arch wiki it said to add debug and !strip in the options. Have I got this right? The next command just loaded GDB.

options=(!emptydirs !libtool debug !strip)

There’s a couple of other issues too. I’ve followed Aurélien’s video on creating the presets for colour and one of the pictures of the chart will make DT crash every time I touch the black level in the exposure module. I’m also getting a red cast appear when using the colour pickers in either filmic or colour balance RGB that I have to reset colour calibration to get rid of. That’s happening nearly every time on images I’m using the presets on, the crash when loading is happening with images from different cameras too and the ones that make it crash will do it every time I try to load them in the darkroom.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re on the right track!

After building again the red cast issue seems to have been fixed so assuming that was something known about.