Darktable does not recognize camera or lens

Hi. The last version of Darktable does not recognize the lens and camera. Thank you.

What’s the make and model of both camera and lens?

Canon 2000D,
Lens zoom Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3,5-5,6 III** .

Thank you!

I see no problem detecting this camera using the Canon EOS 2000D sample from RPU, it shows up in both the basic image information panel on the left and the lensfun correction module on the right:

The lens gets detected as well, but the one for that sample might be a different version to yours (“Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II”, but I see “Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III” in the dropdown list as well).

I think so… mine is III

As mentioned, I can select “Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III” just as well.

I see “v3.0 JPEG” pipeline order. Are you trying to edit a JPEG image, not a raw file?

I don. t understand… it is a raw image, a TIFF FILE.

You wrote: " “Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III” in the dropdown list as well"
Where is that dropdown? Thank you

A Tiff file is not a raw image from a camera. How did you get this file?

Firstly, your TIFF file (which is not a raw file as already pointed out) might be missing metadata to identify which camera and lens it was processed from. See the image information panel on the left circled in my screenshot.

Secondly, if you’re not processing a raw file, lens correction might also not make sense, as the file is possibly already processed/corrected.

Again, see my screenshot and the circled lens correction panel on the right (the two down arrows should let you select camera and lens).

Sorry. Yes I see. I will do later, now I am at work… thank you!

And this is most likely the case as I now also see “1/inf - f/0.0 - 0.0 mm - 0 ISO” in your screenshot.

if you wan’t someone to check you’d better provide a file where lens and camera isn’t recognized.