Darktable Export Error!

Hi there,

Currently I am getting an error when I try to export my photos, that I edited as a raw file, to a jpeg file.

It seems like it can convert and export it no problem to other formats like jpeg 2000, but not the jpeg 8…

It creates the folder but give me the message 'could not export ’ and the file location.

Recently I did re-install my windows 10 in an attempt to sort out a disk usage problem, I was using an older darktable version prior and it was fine. Since I downloaded a new version im having this error unfortunately!

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers, Hamish.

Welcome to the community. Your description is very vague. Please help us to help you giving detailed information, for example

• Which version of dt are you using ?
  • Which type of raw file is concerned ?
  • Did you try with fresh darktablerc and database(s) ?
  • Did you try to start dt from the commandline (any error messages or warnings) ?
  • Did you try to start dt in debug mode to get detailed information ? (See manual for the debug options)
  • Possibly you can share a problematic raw with it’s sidecar file (xmp) so one can reproduce the issue you have

Hello! Thank you; apologies I’m not very experienced with software troubleshooting, and photo editing in general.

I’m using version 3.6.0.
It is an xmp file called: ‘IMG_6426.CR2.xmp’
I’ll need help with bullet point 3, I don’t know what you mean by fresh darktablerc and database…
I tried that just now and it opened up just fine without any messages.
Had a look at the online manual and the only mention of debugging was in the section ‘tethering’, I couldn’t find mention of a Debug Mode!
IMG_6426.CR2.xmp (12.4 KB)

Above is an upload of one image (among many) I have attempted to export into a jpg file after editing.

Thanks!

This is the sidecar file, not the raw file with the image. To try to reproduce your issue one would need the IMG_6426.CR2 too.

darktablerc contains the configuration of darktable. It’s standard location is $HOME/.config/darktable/darktablerc (Linux). I don’t use Windows OS, so I don’t know the exact path used on this OS. You can use the search tool of your OS to search for the location of this file.
The databases data.db and library.db are located in the same directory. In a nutshell : data.db contains your presets, styles etc., library.db the information about the edits of your image(s).
Fresh install means: try starting darktable without this files. In other words: create a backup copy of this files and remove them from the configuration directory.

See https://darktable-org.github.io/dtdocs/special-topics/program-invocation/darktable/ where you can find detailed information how to invoke dt from the command line and all available options.