darktable for Windows

Thank you a lot, as a former lightroom user a windows version is a life saver.

1 Like

that feel when you no longer need to suffer from unhandy lightroom

I am very glad there are LR alternatives on Windows now, thank you so much.

Could anyone tell me where I am able to get help with Darktale though, it doesn’t seem to know where my mouse is.

What I mean is, in Darkroom mode, if I click on the “suspend” button under the histogram, it opens a panel with tint, temperature, red, etc.
Clicking anywhere on the right drags the image in the middle around.

This makes the application unusable.

Any help?

After posting this, I read the article from two years ago (that I had opened in a new tab)

Then I thought about writing this.

I guess I can just laugh.

1 Like

I installed darktable on my machine. Scrolling in ligttable mode and switching from lighttable to darktable mode is very slow. Anything I should be doing to improve performance? I am using a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.

Slow in the sense that actual scrolling is slow, or that thumbnails are generated slowly?

Nice to have darktable for windows, thanks!
My question with the windows version is, where do I find the place to add input color profiles in windows 7? Could not find anything useful online yet, other than for the linux version, where it is …~/.config/darktable/color/in.
Thank’s in advance!

@Simone You hover over the menus to get a tool tip that tells you. See screenshot (e.g., hover over “system display profile” in lighttable mode), which tells you the location of the out folder.

1 Like

@Afre Thank you Afre, this was much helpful. Just had to generate the “…color\in” folders as they where missing in the standard installation.

Windows version 2.4.3 is pretty useless if not importing existing files (see Darktable 2.4.3 Windows built: Bug)

This is fixed now with the release of 2.4.4

https://www.darktable.org/2018/06/darktable-244-released

YES fixed with 2.4.4

THANKS

Hi,
Is there any tutorial to install it on windows 10.
I am not familiar with the tarball process.
Thanks,

You do not want the tarball on windows, but the installer.

Thanks

Download of Windows version of Darktable is not working.
Basically its very slow and its failing half way - with “Network Error”
I have no problems with other downloads.
I wish to continue using Darktable as I just installed Windows on my PC, and I was using Darktable on Linux (that stayed on my laptop).

Took about 30 seconds for me to download, plenty fast here!

Can you compile darktable.git on Windows? clang + VS wise?

CMake says platform not supported.

It’s pre-alpha, I understand, but I like to dig around the source code and make stuff compile no matter what, so…

pls read this:
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/blob/master/packaging/windows/BUILD.txt

It can be a little lengthy to set up the tool chain, but if you follow the instructions above, there is no real difficulty to build DT from source on Windows.