darktable-group-view filters images by group

Hi!

If you are working with grouped images in darktable you may have noticed, that filter options in lighttable regarding groups are kind of limited. You may be able to filter for group leaders/followers but you are unable to filter your collection to only one image and it’s grouped followers (aka one group).
My new lua script “darktable-group-view” solves this problem. It injects a button “Toogle group-view” into lighttable selection module and also provides a shortcut.
Find setup instructions and details in my repository on github.

Feel free to test it out. As usual: Feedback of any kind is highly appreciated.

Have a great weekend
Michael

1 Like

Dang you’re on a roll! I’m sure there are quite a few people who will enjoy this.

When people create these useful lua scripts is there a process whereby they get added to the repository of lua scripts that you can install by default from the script manager or how does the average user like me find out about the lua scripts available for DT. I use a few and find them a great extender of DT’s capabilities.

Yes you can contribute to this repository

I will do so when I feel the code is stable and tested

The documentation for the scripts is at darktable lua documentation - Lua Scripts Manual

Hi!

I just updated dt-group-view to a “new” behaviour. On group-view activation, Instead of loading a collection preset, append the filter tag to the current collection filter.
This eases out the initial setup since it negates the need of manually creating a collection preset.

Have a great day
Michael

If grouping worked properly in the collections module you could get away from using tags too. I raised an issue.

1 Like

Edit: nevermind