darktable interface problem

An odd problem here: https://i.imgur.com/DmX7tA3.png

Ther parameter toggle int the import panel opens with the list box stuck open.
Can’t enter metadata or choose a preset.

Happens on 3.8.1 and 3.8.1 flatpak.

tick the “apply metadata” box

1 Like

Thanks, that was the problem. Since it was a new install, I had the default theme chosen. Not enough contrast to see the tickbox. Also, way too many hours getting things set up yesterday on a new system. Time to take a walk in nature and clear my head!

2 Likes

Indeed, checkbox is not completely visible when not checked (and on all themes, I never tested that, always ticked on my side). Thanks for pointing that. I will fix it for darktable 4.0

Thanks. It surprised me to have a problem seeing it, but I was really tired after a long day. I’ve used that feature often for a long time, so I’d say it’s more of a senior moment than anything else. But anything to help with clarifying controls is always appreciated.

While I have you here :wink: one area that really gives me problems is in the lighttable export module. I often need to pick a preset, and change the destination folder, often to a new one. By default, any time I use the GUI to do it, the $(TITLE) reverts to $(FILE_NAME). Editing the string is really difficult in the small area allotted to that function.

I did file a bug report on it, but it wasn’t deemed a bug. I think it is an area that needs to be looked at from a UX standpoint. Thanks for all the work on this excellent program!