Darktable Lua Script Manager

Fixed now, please download it again

I understand all that, but there is no new module. I have all the scripts installed, and I often use Edit in Gimp, the Hugin script and Enfuse Pro:
Normal

After installing Script_manager as described, my Lighttable view looks like this:

and there is also no Lua options tab in the Preferences.

Please check with ‘darktable -d lua’ if it crashes.

Okay, let’s try it this way

open a terminal, then copy and paste the following commands

cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/wpferguson/script-manager.git
cd script-manager
cp script-manager.lua ~/.config/darktable/luarc

that should get it installed, then…

cd $HOME
darktable -d lua

that will run darktable and spit out any lua debugging messages to the terminal. If you don’t have the script_manager module, the output should tell us a reason why

Bill

Hm, that worked! Previously I didn’t use git, I just downloaded script_manager.lua manually. I tried using git yesterday but I messed up something, because I don’t use it regularly and I tried following the step by step instructions I used for installing all the other scripts. So that is what I mean by teaspoon instructions :slight_smile:.

Thanks a lot for your patience!

Now it works. Thank you very much for this nice script.

Thanks, Bill, for the step-by-step instructions; also working for me. :smile:

Hi @wpferguson
not sure if it make sense, to contacting you 2022 about Lua Script Manager, but I am not able to set it up. I tried to follow your instructions, but I do not see the script manager in the left corner.
It worked already when I installed DT via Flatpak. But with my current installation with .deb I lost it.
I work with Linux Mint 20.3

thx for your reply in advance
Christoph

Where did the .deb file come from and what version of darktable is it?

I used the below mentioned link:
https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=graphics:darktable&package=darktable

The version I have installed is 3.8.1

@wpferguson

does this help for your analyses?

chris@chris-XPS-8940:~$ darktable -d lua
0,573622 LUA LUA_DIR is /home/chris/.config/darktable/lua
0,573644 LUA ERROR : /home/chris/.config/darktable/luarc:645: Module is not compatible with API 8.0.0

Did you just download the deb or install the repo? Not sure mint has lua 5.4 to be able to work with the latest DT. If flatpak works, why not use that?

cd into the lua directory and do a git pull. Your scripts are out of date. Or, just delete or rename the lua directory and let darktable install the up to date ones

I just downloaded the deb. There are 3 reasons why I tried the deb approach:
1.) As I am a newbe on Linux, I am interested in the “…how to…”
2.) Flatpak provides only Version 3.8.0
3.) In Flatpak the script Manager is visible, but the GIMP Lua script does not work

This is maybe the reason: I cannot find the lua directory. Where shall it be?

$HOME/.config/darktable/lua

Dear All

What I have achieved so far:
1.) I think I was able to compile lua 5.4.4
2.) I think I was able to install locally all the lua directors & files. This is what I have right now:
Screenshot from 2022-03-12 11-54-46

My question now: What of all theses directories / files do I have to move/copy to .config/darktable/lua ?

thx for supporting me
Chris

No issues with the darktable Lua script manager on my Linux mint 20.3 machine.

I did install darktable via the OBS page.

Did you set the location of the gimp executable for the Gimp Lau script?

no I did not, but I will try your approach, installing DT via OBS page