Darktable new retouch tool: need help

Hi,

I’m trying to get rid of a dark residual spot from camera vignetting for testing purposes.

I chose a circle as I would do in the spot tool and select an area near by as source.

The whole target area becomes darker than it should be, even darker than the source.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, although I chose a circle, the shape seems more like an ellipse.

Follows raw file, licensed under Creative Commons Licence
IMG_3069.CR2 (22.8 MB)
IMG_3069.CR2.xmp (14.7 KB)

Good evening, @gadolf,

You mean something like this?

IMG_3069.CR2.xmp (3.0 KB)

[I have to confess that I have cheated, at least a little: I did not use the Retouch module at all. I could not make it work in a case such as this.]

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

@gadolf it seems it’s working fine here.
I think you may need to expand the selection’s feather size.

And also, you might need to move the cloned source to a different spot in order to blend the tonal value better.

Thanks @andrayverysame.
as for the feather size, I couldn’t do that. Actually, I can’t change feather size anymore with other tools.
In 2.4.4, I would hover the mouse inside the shape and scroll the mouse weel (actually, I don’t have any mouse, what I do is scrolling the right side of the trackpad), and the feather size would change.
Now, it only changes the shape size, regardless where I hover the mouse (inside the shape, outside the shape inside the feather area)

At first, I was confused too, I was used to just use the scroll wheel.
It seems with the 2.6 the shortcut has changed, it’s now SHIFT + scroll (a tip should appear on the top part of the main window).