Darktable Noise Reduction

I’ve a Fuji X-T100, it has the same sensor as the X-A5 so I used the noise profiles for that camera to denoise my RAW. However, there is still plenty of noise in the output JPEG compared to the OOC jpeg. How can I fix that?
SOOC Image
DT output
Sidecar (6.5 KB)
RAW (40.7 MB)

Without a raw file, a screenshot, a sidecar, or something more specific, we can only tell you to increase the noise reduction.

Sorry, i accidentally hit submit without attaching the files. Fixed.

That wont work, create a noise profile for your camera!

Why should it not? The X-T100 uses the same sensor as the X-A5 and therefore should show similar noise.

@lep
The reason why the darktable output shows more noise is due to the differences in noise reduction algorithms and the intention to do so. The jpeg engine reduces noise much stronger to achieve a look which is intended to be pleasing for most people, which are not used to inspect pictures at 100 % or to edit their pictures much – that’s what I think.

In your darktable output I see a lot chroma noise, but the luminance noise is stronger reduced than in the camera jpeg. Did you use the profiled denoising with two instances (one for chroma and one for luminance)? I don’t have access to darktable atm to check your sidecard file.

Both cameras produce exactly the same RAW files?

It is difficult to compete with a camera-optimized algorithm.

DSCF1060.RAF.xmp (12.0 KB)

@Thomas_Do, that’s an awesome edit. I’ve a lot to learn.