darktable not recognizing camera on import

Having a bit of a problem. After Importing 1100 images to a new install of dt, none of the new images camera model were picked up for the lens correction module. The photos imported were previously processed on the same version of darktable on the same OS where the camera and lens data was successfully recognized.

Older imports have full lens data available, but not camera

The new install of dt came from darktable_3.8.0-1.1_amd64.deb, from the OpenSuse Build Service. I reused my old darktable config folder and files, prior to importing the new (to this computer) images.

Looks like the camera is still listed in lensfun, and I’ve tried updating lensfun with no success (sudo: lensfun‑update‑data). Lensfun version is 0.3.2-8build 1.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If you only downloaded the deb file, then you don’t have the correct exiv2 version. For OBS, add the repo and you’ll get dt + a new exiv2 version

Hi Micah- thanks for getting back to me. I uninstalled the 3.8.0-1.1 version and ran the commands below.

Successfully installed darktable 3.8.1
Still not recognizing camera in old or recently imported files.
Anything more I can provide for trouble shooting?

echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics:/darktable/xUbuntu_20.04/ /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/graphics:darktable.list
curl -fsSL https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics:darktable/xUbuntu_20.04/Release.key | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/graphics_darktable.gpg > /dev/null
sudo apt update
sudo apt install darktable

No such problem with the flatpak.

You should update the lensfun database, sudo lensfun -update-data (I think).

Tried that, no luck.

I sense a rabbit hole awaits me (just in time for Easter :rabbit2:). Wondering if it might be better to use the flatpak instead. I’d like to move my custom settings (watermark) modules etc over and re-import the images. Is this stored in the darktablerc file? Could I just move it to the flatpag config file location?

Might try installing lensfun-tools before running the update.