darktable windows insider program 10/30

Here’s the link to the latest weekly snapshot of darktable 4.1, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_QUXfnqtB9j8_krXSClOUaUu4iybuJC1/view?usp=share_link. The list of commits from the last version to this one is at Comparing fc50dbc5a…1880a8aa2 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

4 Likes

The last two or three weekly versions, when exporting files; the program gets stuck; often does not do the export. After restart I then can do the export; I also noticed that during export CPU use goes up to 100%.

Should be quite normal if you don’t use openCL. However, I have no problems on export.

Look for the log in AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\darktable, maybe there’s something useful for the devs.

You can try the nightly. It should have all of the recent fixes and the import/export of JXL.

I do see messages like :
Magick: Unrecognized image format () [No such file or directory].
[dt_imageio_large_thumbnail GM] thumbnail not found?

or :slight_smile:
** (darktable.exe:26336): CRITICAL **: 19:58:51.968: _expander_scroll: assertion ‘GTK_IS_SCROLLED_WINDOW(scrolled_window)’ failed.

openCL should actually work

With what version?

This is Bill Ferguson’s 10/20 version, 4.1.0+681~g19825f35c, on Windows 11.
Graphic card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650; But I see the same thing happening already a few versions (weeks) back. Did not notice earlier in the year. export seems currently very slow. with editing I have no problem.

Expecting different results while using the previous version? As described above, there was a known bug that was fixed a couple of hours ago. Why not try the version from tonight?

I checked your link, but I couldn’t find anything to download. I guess I wait for the new version today and see what happens.

Click on the most recent “Nightly PKG”, than look at “Artifacts” at the bottom…

You have to be signed in to Github for it to let you download… at least I do. If one isn’t nothing happens when you click to download the ‘artifact’.

Steven, thanks. Signing up for an account did the trick. I downloaded the nightly build, installed and it seems export works way better. Thanks you all for your help.

1 Like