darktable windows insider program 4/17

Here’s the link to the latest weekly snapshot of darktable 3.9, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ed7IP3fsYdd_S3AkrNdDy_BrtpQengMh/view?usp=sharing. The latest changes can be viewed at Pulse · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

2 Likes

Hi Bill,
thanks for your weekly builds. For the first time ever this weekly build is not working on my Windows 10 computer. I had to revert to the previous build. I look forward to seeing the next upcoming build and hopefully it will work for me. Did you want the backtrace from the crash? Am I the only one with problems? Thanks Terry.

No problem for me; using Windows 11

Yes, I would like the backtrace, and as far as I know you are the only one having problems.

Thanks,

Bill

darktable_bt_48AWK1.txt (11.9 KB)
Thanks Bill. It sounds like it might just be something with my computer. Hopefully the next version works for me.

It could be important. I scanned it without being anyone that knows much…it looks like maybe you have an Intel iGPU?? maybe some of the new coding for OPENCL is not happy with your particular hardware… Maybe try to disable the open cl and opencl tuning and see if it works…that might be a clue…

I just downloaded the latest insider version without any problems, but I’ve found that the time to export an image to JPG takes about 40 seconds, compared with less than 7 seconds under 3.8.1. Do you know if any changes were made affecting the export engine?

Thanks for the suggestion Todd, but I am unsure how I could disable opencl as software refuses to open after the upgrade. Maybe if I disable opencl before I upgrade to the latest version that might work.

Try turning on the opencl tuning for an export, then turn it off to see if after tuning, it is faster.

Also try renaming your config file to .old so a new one is generated without old settings.

1 Like

Try darktable -disable-opencl

I’ve been playing with it further and it seems export was delayed in about three different edits, but back to normal times for others, so what I’m seeing is image specific. What’s weird is that they were shot from the same camera with similar edits.

So please disregard my prior post for the time being.

Hi Terry,

There is a lot of work going on with opencl right now and it looks like that’s what’s affecting you. There are some new changes just today. Here’s a link to a build from today, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UPF9oyhvBbxNOw24AxWSSgv_U0wMt6CG/view?usp=sharing. Try this and see if it runs for you.

1 Like

What hardware?? Also you may have to go back in and turn on Opencl.

Thanks for all the help and support here. I just installed today’s build and it is working fine. So problem solved.

1 Like