darktable windows insider program 5/12

Here’s the link to the latest weekly build of darktable 4.7, Dropbox - darktable-4.7.0+1181~g6ff92d64d7-win64.exe - Simplify your life. The list of latest changes is at Comparing 9f26af8794…6ff92d64d7 darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

5 Likes

With this weekly build I encountered sudden unexplainable behaviour with crop module. In the middle of the work on the image the image is cropped to square format - without any explainable reason. After that the crop module doesnt seem to work properly, always falling back to the small crop without a chance to correct that.

Anyone else who has the same effect?

I think this regression might already be fixed on the dev branch: Bufgix lately introduced cropping issues by jenshannoschwalm · Pull Request #16774 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

You can try the nightly build or wait for the next weekly to confirm.

Thanks for testing!

1 Like

Hi Bill … I have a (Windows) friend who is interested in trying out dt. He has a fairly modern system. What are the requirements to use dt other than installing your build?
David

I don’t think there are any. I build/run it in a VM with 4 cores and 8GB of memory. I started with a base install of windows 10 and only added the stuff I needed to build darktable with (MSYS2).

Thanks Bill

You only need this if you want to build dt on your own. You don’t need any extra stuff to install dt’s regular release or Bill’s builds for the insider program.