darktable windows insider program 9/4

Here’s the link to the latest weekly snapshot of darktable 4.1, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oJU7rHRcP42Cr_04gdM9sIdG6g1Hazgz/view?usp=sharing. The list of latest changes can be found at Pulse · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

1 Like

(Just an FYI if it matters. I’ve not had time to thoroughly check out this release but will revisit later.)

When attempting to in-place upgrade ga090a7aa3 to g5cca9d64b on Windows 11 (i.e., I ran the installer without first explicitly uninstalling 4.1.0+238~ga090a7aa3 first) I got this error:

dt upgrade error

I aborted the installation and tried to run DT, which errored. I then tried to reinstall ga090a7aa3 and got the same libLerc.dll error. After renaming the darktable installation folder g5cca9d64b installed normally.

I’ve always just run the new installer over the current version in the past without issues.

FWIW, I now get a terminal window that opens and closes with DT, which I’ve not had in the past. Slightly different build options?

Thanks.

Minor update / clarification…

I have three shortcuts to darktable:

1. On the Start menu, in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\darktable

2. Pinned to the taskbar, in C:\Users\\#####\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

3. In a folder on my desktop, in C:\Users\\#####\Desktop\Photo

All shortcuts are the same, but #1 opens a terminal window while the other two don’t. Gotta love Windows…

I had the same behavior. It appeared that darktable is still running, even though I closed it. After reboot I could install.

No other issues observed so far, but I’ve not done any real processing yet.