Datetime information

Hi not works you .nef in Win7x64 and DT 3.0.0rc2.

I have the same problem with a Pentax and Windows OS:

In.xmp the Datetime is correct but in Lighttable not.

Hi

I can fill in a couple of things, I have two separate Win 10 x64 computers and this is not working in any of them. But I have tested on Linux Mint and there it is OK.
This is not restricted to nef files, I have tested nef, rw2, jpg, tif and it all comes out the same.

Greetings
Börje

Hej Börje!

What are your what’s-it-called… language/date/number settings?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

I am running on Linux Mint 19.2 - Cinnamon 64 bit, with DT version 2.6.3 and the date shows just fine for me Bjo after downloading your photo.

The image creation date is visible using darktable 2.6.2 under Linux (Kubuntu 18.04), so it seems to be a MS-Windows issue.

Hi

To Claes: I use Win 10 x64 with Swedish language and the date/time is also set as Swedish 2019-12-12 and 09:04:12
I have also tested with Linux Mint and there it works fine, but, as Claes has showed, the datetime can be seen on windows installations also.

Greetings
Börje

God morgon, Börje,

I wonder if Win & Swedish settings might be the culprit,
since I use UK settings (and it works here).

Mvh
Claes i Lund

God förmiddag Claes

You are quite right, If I change the dateformat to English I can see the date!!! In the National settings I can even change the date to yyyy-mm-dd and it still works. What does not work is if I set the general format to Swedish.
Thank´s very much, this problem has been eating me for quite a while.

Greetings
Börje

1 Like

Hi, could you explain it a little more or put some screenshots.
I can’t replicate it.

Thanks!!

@git But you are not on Win X, right?
What are your Language/National Settings, especially Date?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Hi Git and Claes

Here you can see screenshots of my settings.
First of all I still use Swedish as overall language.

setting

But when I come to the regional settings I use English but with a little tweak on the dateformat to have it Swedish.

The resulting darktable datetime looks like this, funny thing here is that the dateformat is as if it was English but this is only in darktable as far as I can see. For example the date in the systemclock down to the right is in Swedish. For me, I can live with this.

dt

Greetings
Börje

Fabulous!!! now if it works fine: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

the key is in the regional language.

datetime

and the clock:

time

It is not the local language OS, but DK does and works well.

Test in Win7x64 Pro.

I add it to the open issue

Thanks.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, with latest release 3.0.0 final i return to regional language and Datetime are good. You can check it?

Thanks.

Hi

I tested this and this is really weird. I switched back to Swedish regionformat and darktable displays days in Spanish(!!?), lun, mar, jue, vie, and dom ( Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday and Sunday) but Wednesday and Saturday does not show anything, just a hyphen. There is nothing in my windows settings that has anything to do with Spanish.
Funny with computers is´nt it :grin:

NationalSetting

Date1
Date2

The images are taken the 12:th and 13:th of may.

Greetings
Börje

Hi again

Forgot to say that the format of the date shold be yyyy-mm–dd not mm/dd/yyyy.
Another thing that crossed my mind was that the pictures are taken in Spain so if the developers manage to sneak in a bit of AI in darktable this could be almost correct :smile:

Greetings
Börje

Indeed, every day of the week does not appear well, and I am so happy. :sleepy:
Of course, the test images I have are not every day of the week.

We can learn more languages.:partying_face: