Dehancer Monitor libpango error

Hello,

I wanna try out dehancer’s plugins, however when trying to load Dehancer Monitor I get this error message:

Failed to create an instance of com.dehancer.monitor.v7:
Error: Description (kOfxActionLoad and kOfxActionDescribe) failed while loading com.dehancer.monitor.v7.

Console output shows:

couldn't open library /usr/OFX/Plugins/DehancerMonitorCuda_x86_64_v7.ofx.bundle/Contents/Linux-x86-64/DehancerMonitorCuda_x86_64_v7.ofx because /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_string_free_and_steal

There exists a reddit post with the same error crashing Resolve, and the solution was to copy over the system libpango to the libs folder in Resolve (see here), but I can’t seem to find the equivalent folder for the OFX plugin.

Hi,

Host and plugins must use the same libraries on Linux and macOS, else you will get issues like this. You can’t load two different versions of the same library on Linux/macOS.

The plugin you are trying to load links to libpango in some way, but libpango is included with Natron due to the text plugin, and you get a conflict. Don’t know if you use official binaries or built Natron yourself (will likely happen anyway since I assume com.dehancer.monitor.v7 is something proprietary, else just built it against the same depends as Natron).