Details Threshold Slider

Before I make more of a nuisance with the developers will somebody else run/export this image both to email as well as to file. My system only has 8 Gb. memory and this could be the total problem. When 2 files are exported together my dt simply shuts down but it can handle (with bad results) a single file where I have used the details slider as a part of the process.
So here are all the pieces.

20210506_0015.RAF.xmp (16.8 KB) 20210506_0015.RAF (48.3 MB)
This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.
My system: Manjaro/Arch/XFCE/daily-git/8Gb. Mem.

Loading your RAW, applying your sidecar and exporting it straight to file:

Iā€™m not able to use the e-mail functionality. My test darktable runs as a different, dedicated user from a terminal and does not have an e-mail client set up. The darktable for my private/normal work cannot read your xmp (too new). Someone else needs to step up to test that for you.

My system:

• Debian (10.9/Buster)
  • Xfce 4.12
  • darktable 3.5.0 (latest master)
  • 32 Gb

It looks as if my memory is at the root of the problem ā€¦ better look for an upgrade ā€¦ thanks

Could it have something to do with parallel processing skipping a beat (i.e., a bug)? I would assume that lower RAM would mean slower operations rather than missing or messed up data.

I tend to agree with afre on this one.

@davidvj : Have you changed or tried changing the default settings in the cpu / gpu / memory tab? Thereā€™s this page in the docs about memory: Special Topics - Memory.

You might also have a look at the amd/ati devices section and the performance optimization chapter following it.

I did try to do some tuning back when and did notice that there are configurations that darktable, or the combo dtā€™s config and available system resources, doesnā€™t like.

Then again 8Gb isnā€™t all that much, I do assume that some of that is consumed by other processesā€¦

Hi, you wrote ā€œlatest masterā€, you should try with master later than 05.11 as the fix for details mask using tiling has been included then.

If there is still an issue, please report and (again :slight_smile: open an issue at github, your first immediately gave me an idea what could be wrong. If you do, please send the log from ā€œdarktable -d allā€. It could also help to test as ā€œdarktable --disable-openclā€ to check your opencl library/system.

Iā€™m assuming you are directing that at me, although Iā€™m not the one having this issueā€¦

I pull and build on a daily base, oftentimes more than once a day, latest does mean the (all but) latest. So yesterdayā€™s ā€œlatest masterā€ would be 3.5.0+21XY~84db02b6f or thereabouts. I also have locally merged stuff from PRs that arenā€™t merged into master yet so the exact/correct 21XY I cannot give you.

No, in fact i was asking @davidvj as he has the issue :slight_smile:

OK :smile:

You put me on the wrong track (my latest master vs his daily-git).

Just a note for people stumbling into this thread later, issue has been fixed.

3 Likes