Dew on a tiny rose leaf

What beautiful Play Raw :+1:

This was done with current darktable dev version and the modules filmicRGB, local contrast, color balance, contrast equalizer and 3x exposure with masks for dodge and burn.

_DSC0293.NEF.xmp (11.8 KB)

11 Likes

I had the same idea as you, but I like your version better. I don’t like how busy the oof areas look on the leaf in my edit.

_DSC0293.NEF.xmp (49.8 KB)

2 Likes

_DSC0293.NEF.pp3 (12.8 KB)

1 Like

_DSC0293.NEF.xmp (14.9 KB)

1 Like

Click on it twice.

10 Likes

Oh, I really like that…

Thanks for this great image

_DSC0293.NEF.xmp (19.4 KB, dt3.1)

2 Likes

I love it. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

@XavAL Lovely photo thanks for sharing.

In my take I wanted to emphasize the water but also frame it with the beautiful red razor edge along the leaf. I found the Film Simulation Superia 200 did just that without making the greens really dark.
Added in some other tools I am learning to use and hopefully you like my take. Similar crop to @age I really liked that crop a lot.

RT 5.8

20200417_Balkon_1395.DNG.pp3 (11.9 KB)

3 Likes

I love this picture, Thanks for sharing
My try with DT 3.0.1

_DSC0293.NEF.xmp (7.2 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks everybody for your edits!

After studying your processings I have learned a few things, so in the end I have improved my skills.

Again. Thanks a lot! :smiley:

Been looking at this one for a while and admiring the edits thus far. Decided to give it a try myself:

dew.on.leave.nikon.d5100.nef.xmp (10.5 KB) darktable 3.0.2

Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Rawtherapee 5.8

_DSC0293.jpg.out.pp3 (12.3 KB)

1 Like

_DSC0293.NEF.xmp (5.5 KB)

I ended up with a b&w version, started with darktable, which wasn’t all that involved.
in gimp I did a sharpening with gmic texture sharpening and noise reduction with “Iain Denoise 2019 beta3” using 2 layer input
then added local contrast enhancement and simple local contrast, as simple local likes to go a bit crazy I put it as another layer masked with greyscale copy and reduced to around 50% opacity.
to desaturate it I used a white layer in Lch chroma mode
and cropped to 21:9 as at that point I felt it needed to be my wallpaper then.

3 Likes

That is a nice edit! :smiley:

This is how I like b&w images: with pitch black, pure white and lots of intermediate grey tones. Well done!

1 Like

thank you, i was rather pleased it came out that nice.
one thing I find is often when I’m getting a good b&w the edits you do looking at them in color look horrible and this one was approaching that.

1 Like

My quick take in DT + Gimp:

1 Like

_DSC0293.jpg.out.pp3 (13.3 KB)

1 Like

This is a great shot! Here’s my take on it.

_DSC0293.NEF.pp3 (12.1 KB)

1 Like

_DSC0293.NEF.xmp (8.2 KB)

1 Like