Difference in images made in RawTherapee and Ufraw

Hi there,

I have two Jpeg images made from one and the same raw file. Image Imgur: The magic of the Internet has been made in RawTherapee, and image Imgur: The magic of the Internet has been made in ufraw. In both software I have only installed the color temperature (5177) and green (0.894).

But the output is significantly different in color. In the first image, made in RawTherapee, much more yellow. The image made in ufraw is close to real colors.

Why is such difference? Or should i make some tuning in RawTherapee to get the image looks like one made in ufraw?

Thank in advance
Valentin

Can you upload the raw file to the forum so we can examine it?

I have uploaded CR2 and profile from RawTherapee
IMG_8430.CR2 (24.6 MB)
IMG_8430.CR2.pp3 (11.2 KB)

Pipped at the post by @CarVac you have now provided the files :grinning:

Quick look - use RT auto white balance instead of camera white balance.

White Balance was set to “Custom”, other way I can not set the temperature and green values.

I think the controls might not work the same way for different programs.

UFRAw has temperature, green und channel multipliers, darktable has temperature, tint and channel multipliers and RawTherapee has temperature, tint and blue-red correction.
Especially UFRaw “green” might not be exactly the same as RawTherapee “tint”.

I opened your CR2 in RT, changed Processing Profile to (Neutral), looked at WB and saw it said Camera and set that to AWB or Auto. Without changing Processing Profile from (Last Saved) the WB will show as Custom. Either way, the Auto WB in RT removed most of the greeny-yellowy hue.
Different apps will work in different ways. In RT, if unhappy with processing, delete or move the sidecar pp3 and start from fresh (or apply Neutral). Then fine tune it.

The answer is simpler than you think. Temp-tint values are often calculated differently among apps. Copy-pasting them between apps is not recommended.

amha,
There is no real reference image.
This is only the interpretation of a raw file made by hardware and software manufacturers.
Try 6 or 7 different programs and you will have 6 or 7 different images; light, of course, but different.
It is up to the photographer to start from a standrad and give his paw.
I think…

Thanks everyone for advises and suggestions. I have tested several other raw images and agree now that UFraw and RawTherapee compute temperature and tint/green differently.