digiKam 6.0.0 is released

As this is your first install, I don’t see any point in trying further debugging (config removal) and it looks like you are experiencing a bug with the mac bundle - this is a bit surprising, as I thought there’s quite a few mac users out there. Can you open a bug report with the screenshots and informations about your system and how you installed (in case you didn’t use the installer provided on digikam.org): Log in to KDE Bugtracking System

What happens if you press “Ctrl+Shift+,”? That’s the shortcut for configure digikam.

I don’t have a Mac but I am pretty sure their menu is different. I has to be in one of the global menus.

Please take some screenshots once you found it and send them to me. I will add them to the handbook.

I volunteered to help improving the handbook but apparently I am not doing a good job here. I do try to add/fix one or two things here and there but my life has been too busy lately.

If you know anyone who might interested in contributing please let me know.

Meanwhile I do recommend you to still try digikam and use either this forum or the official user mailing list for support http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digikam-users-f1735189.html

Is there a menu called Program or Tools in your global menu? I am not sure how exactly it is called but every program on Mac has it. I would expect it to be one of the first ones on the left.

Found it:

My thanks to everyone who has helped me.

OK I think I have found Configure: it is under the menu digiKam → Preferences. When I select that, a box opens up with the heading “Configure” (not Preferences).

You were right Andrius, it is under the global menu in the Mac OS version.

If you are helping with the Handbook v6, it might need an occasional special note for Mac OS users. :sunglasses:

Anyway, I think I can proceed to stumble along and learn digiKam now, thanks again.

1 Like

Great product, great improvements, and I would love this one as well, except I cannot get it to open.
It launches and brings up a scanning collections window, get to about 54% and vanishes. Never goes any further.
Ideas?

Thank you

What operating system are you on?

Thank you for a quick response.

Windows 10, latest build. 16GB of RAM. Quad core i7. 512 GB SSD

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

The best way to see what is going on would be to download and install Microsoft DebugView, launch it and then launch digiKam.

digiKam will be printing a bunch of stuff there, please pay attention to what is happening in there when digiKam stalled. I bet it has something to do with certain files or file types being added to the database.

I believe the bundle for windows of digikam already contains a debug library, which produces a log on crash at C:\Users\_user_name_\AppData\Local\digikam_crash.log.

I believe digiKam 6.0.0 does produce crash logs but only on crash though. There is no terminal built-in to see what is happening in the background. Linux and Mac OS have terminal. Windows users need to use DebugView or something of the sort (command line or power shell won’t help).
Here a link to DebugView:

1 Like